Jagran Josh compiles the top 5 news on the most important topics from the exam point of view. It includes Ajeya Warrior 2023, and National Medical Devices Policy, among several others.
Navratna Status Given to RVNL Company
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited is provided with the Navratna CPSE (Central Public Sector Enterprises) status. The firm is added to the existing list of companies mentioned under this prestigious category.
- Navratna companies are permitted to invest Rs 1,00 crore and there are 3 classes of titles given to companies namely Miniratna, Navratna and Maharatna.
- Financial independence is given to such firms which helps them to stand in competition with the global market.
Washington Sundar Ruled Out of IPL 2023
- Washington Sundar, an all-rounder player has been ruled out from the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023.
- This was declared after he suffered from a fatal hamstring injury as per the sources who confirmed the news today.
- He has played a major role in the Sunrisers Hyderabad team. On Twitter, the cricket team wished him a successful and speedy recovery.
India & UK Jointly Introduced Ajeya Warrior 2023
- The 7th edition of the bilateral training exercise ‘Ajeya Warrior’ has been launched together by India and the United Kingdom for 2023.
- This training exercise starts today i.e. April 27 and will be held till May 11, 2023. The location will be Salisbury Plains, UK.
- The last event was in the year 2021 which was organised collectively by both the countries at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand.
US State Officially Declares Diwali as a National Holiday
- Thousands of people across Pennsylvania, a US state, celebrate the Diwali festival and the state has now announced it as a holiday.
- Northeastern State’s senator Nikil Saval posted this on Twitter and welcomes all residents to celebrate the Indian event.
- He further asserted that Diwali is a festival of lights and happiness and represents light over darkness. People usually spark diyas and visit temples for offerings to deities.
Union Cabinet Accepts National Medical Devices Policy
- The Union Health Minister of India, Mansukh Mandaviya recently gave approval to National Medical Devices Policy.
- This will accelerate the health and medical sector and will bring a patient-centric approach. Also, this will help patients as this policy will fulfil public health objectives including quality, affordability, easy access, etc.
- The government stated that the sector will escalate from $11 billion to $50 billion in the coming 5 years.
Also Read: Current Affairs in Short: April 26 2023
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप
Leave a Reply