Jagran Josh compiles the top 5 news on the most important topics from the exam point of view. It includes Hockey Championship 2023, and India-EU Council, among several others.
IBM & NASA Joint Venture for New Geospatial Model
- The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) will work together to design a new Geospatial Foundation Model.
- This GIS model will help in locating information regarding agriculture, geographical dimensions, infrastructure, etc.
- It will convert satellite data into detailed maps or images of floods, fires, etc. This collaboration aims to interpret various Earth processes.
Elon Musk Announces His Replacement at Twitter
- Business Magnate Elon Musk confirmed Linda Yaccarino as the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Twitter.
- She will start her new role at the largest microblogging platform within 6 weeks. Her work will be mainly focused on business operations.
- Linda is the former Chairman of Global Advertising and Partnerships at NBCUniversal. She will build Twitter 2.0 and bring advancement to the business.
India-EU Trade & Technology Council Tomorrow
- The first ministerial meeting of the India-European Union Trade and Technology Council (TTC) is going to be conducted in Brussels on May 16 (Tuesday).
- Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal, Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar and IT Minister Rajeev Chandrasekhar will attend the conference. Valdis Dombrovskis and Margrethe Vestager will also be present from the other side.
- Through this step, cooperation will be enhanced in strategic technologies, clean energy, digital connectivity and trade and investments.
Hockey Haryana Titled Winner of India Hockey Championship 2023
- At the 13th Hockey India Sub Junior Women National Championship 2023, the Hockey Haryana team was declared the winner.
- In the finals, Hockey Jharkhand and Hockey Uttar Pradesh came in the second and third positions at Birsa Munda Hockey Stadium, Odisha.
- The tournament continued for 11 days in which 28 teams participated and stellar performances were seen by the female players.
Netherlands Declared India’s 3rd Largest Exporter
- The Netherlands emerged as the third-largest exporting platform in India. US and UAE stand at the top 2 in trading various kinds of goods.
- India’s exports increased by 48 per cent to USD 18.52 billion in the last 2 years as compared to 2021.
- The Netherlands is also a hub for Europe having effective connectivity and is a major investor in India. After this, the top trading partners of India are Germany, Switzerland, the UK and Belgium respectively.
Also Read: Current Affairs in Short: May 12 2023
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐप