Gatka Martial Art to feature in 37th National Games
The traditional game of Gatka is set to receive a major boost on a national level as it has been officially included in the 37th National Games-2023, which are scheduled to take place in Goa in October of this year. The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) will be organizing competitions for a total of 43 disciplines during this national event, in collaboration with the Government of Goa.
Gatka Martial Art to feature in 37th National Games: Key Points
- Harjeet Singh Grewal, the President of the National Gatka Association of India (NGAI) and a State Awardee, expressed his appreciation to the IOA President, Rajya Sabha member PT Usha, and the Games Technical Conduct Committee (GTCC) Chairman, Amitabh Sharma, member Bhupiner Singh Bajwa, and other members for the inclusion of Gatka, a martial art, in the national games for the first time.
- Although the NGAI has been promoting Gatka through its affiliated state Gatka associations in 22 states, Grewal believes that this decision will be a significant step in the overall development of Gatka across the country.
- Preparations are already underway for participation in the National Games, and the NGAI is holding meetings with its affiliated state units in all states to ensure readiness.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams
- President of the National Gatka Association of India (NGAI): Harjeet Singh Grewal
- IOA President: PT Usha
- Gatka Technical Conduct Committee (GTCC) Chairman: Amitabh Sharma
Also Read: FC Barcelona lifts 27th La Liga Title, First La Liga since 2019
Find More Sports News Here