The Government of Goa and the Government of Uttarakhand have come together and signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to enhance the tourism landscape of both Goa and Uttarakhand. The MoU signing ceremony was held in the presence of Rohan Khaunte, the Minister for Tourism, IT, E & C, Printing and Stationary, Government of Goa, and Pushkar Singh Dhami, Chief Minister of Uttarakhand.
Key Points Related to Goa Signed MoU with Uttarakhand for Strengthening Tourism Cooperation
- The MoU signed between Goa and Uttarakhand aims to promote bilateral cooperation in the travel and tourism sector and facilitate travel between the states.
- It is aimed to increase the number of tourists visiting Goa and Uttarakhand respectively.
- The signing of this MoU is a significant step towards promoting tourism in Goa and Uttarakhand and showcasing India’s rich cultural diversity to the world, aligned with the ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ initiative launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Rohan Khaunte informed that this MoU with Uttarakhand Tourism underlines the focus on spirituality, wellness, and eco-tourism. Through this partnership, they are looking forward to showcasing the beautiful, ancient temples of Goa as a part of the circuit connecting ‘Dakshin Kashi’ with ‘Uttar Kashi’.
- Satpal Maharaj, the Minister of Tourism, Uttarakhand was also present on this occasion and he shared that they are happy to join hands with Goa Tourism and work for the betterment of tourism in both states.
- This MoU will increase direct flight connectivity and explore joint packages, cultural exchanges, and human resource development opportunities.
Goa Signed MoU with Uttarakhand for Strengthening Tourism Cooperation: Benefits
- Both states will get benefit from direct flight connectivity between Uttarakhand and Goa, the travel time is reduced from 7 hours to 2.5 hours, making it easier for tourists to travel between the two states.
- The tourism departments of both states will also work on joint packages to promote various tourism products, including adventure tourism activities, ecotourism, spiritual tourism, and wellness tourism.
- Both Goa and Uttarakhand have unique cultural identities that will be showcased to offer tourists a glimpse into India’s diverse cultural heritage.
- The MoU will pave the way for cultural exchange between the two states, showcasing local cuisines, folk art, and handicrafts through various cultural exchange programs, roadshows, festivals, and events.
Find More State In News Here