GRSE launch ‘GAINS 2023’ Startup Challenge
Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Ltd, a leading defense shipyard in India, has launched a program called GRSE Accelerated Innovation Nurturing Scheme – 2023 (GAINS 2023) in Kolkata. The aim of this initiative is to identify and promote innovative solutions for technological advancements in shipbuilding by startups.
GRSE launch ‘GAINS 2023’ Startup Challenge: Key Points
- By leveraging the ecosystem that addresses current and future challenges in ship design and construction, GRSE is embracing the energy and ideas of young talents to revolutionize the industry.
- The launch event was attended by Shri G Surya Prakash, Assistant Manager (Finance), the youngest officer of GRSE, and Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and IT & Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- This strategic move demonstrates GRSE’s unwavering commitment to fostering innovation and embracing fresh perspectives.
- GRSE has a rich history as a pioneering shipyard, having delivered the first indigenous warship, INS Ajay, to the Indian Navy in 1961.
- To stay at the forefront of shipbuilding in the global market, the shipyard has been adopting technological advancements.
- Recognizing the value of open innovation in generating ideas from external sources, GRSE aims to accelerate innovation in the shipyard and become future-ready.
- To achieve this, they have introduced an “Open Innovation Challenge” as part of the GAINS 2023 scheme.
This challenge encourages innovators to contribute to GRSE’s journey by understanding the shipyard’s core business interests and established practices. By creating a separate department dedicated to the GAINS initiative, GRSE aims to support and collaborate with innovators in line with the Indian government’s focus on innovation.
About ‘GAINS 2023’ Startup Challenge
- The ‘GAINS 2023’ Challenge is a two-part process designed to generate a wide range of ideas, from which a few promising ones will be chosen and supported.
- In the first stage, participants, whether organizations, companies, or individuals, are only required to submit concise written and visual entries that provide enough detail to demonstrate their understanding of the selected problem and solution.
- These submissions should also include an approximate cost estimate and an explanation of the professional qualifications or expertise needed to successfully implement the proposal.
The main focus areas for the GRSE (Green Renewable Sustainable Energy) and the ‘GAINS 2023’ Challenge are Artificial Intelligence, Renewable/Green Energy, Energy Efficiency, and Efficiency Enhancement. Anyone with a passion for innovation, entrepreneurship, or visionary thinking can find more information about the ‘GAINS 2023’ Challenge by visiting the GRSE website at www.grse.in/gains.
Also Read: Digital India Programme: National e-Vidhan Application (NeVA)
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees