MoPSW ranked 2nd in the Survey Report on Data Governance Quality Index
The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW) has achieved an outstanding accomplishment in securing the second position among 66 ministries in the highly influential Data Governance Quality Index (DGQI) assessment for 2022-2023 Q3. The Ministry has been awarded an impressive score of 4.7 out of 5, which highlights the ministry’s unwavering commitment to achieving excellence in data governance.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
MoPSW ranked 2nd in the Survey Report on Data Governance Quality Index: Key Points
The DGQI survey is conducted by the Development Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO), Niti Aayog, with the intention of measuring the maturity level of administrative data systems used in decision-making processes by various Ministries and Departments for the implementation of Central Sector Schemes (CS) and Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS).
- This survey also identifies reforms needed to achieve seamless data exchange and its synergistic use within the Ministry, while setting out clear pathways to achieve these goals.
- The DGQI assessment comprises six critical themes, including Data Generation, Data Quality, Use of Technology, Data Analysis, Use and Dissemination, Data Security and HR Capacity, and Case Studies.
- MoPSW worked tirelessly to achieve its success in the DGQI assessment.
- The National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways, and Coasts at IIT Madras has played a crucial role in this success, as it was tasked with improving MoPSW’s Management Information System (MIS) in compliance with DGQI standards.
- The NTCPWC, developed under Sagarmala by MoPSW, serves as a technology arm of the Ministry.
- The DGQI has assessed the MIS portals for five schemes of MoPSW – Sagarmala, Research and Development, Shipping, ALHW, IWAI & IWT – to enhance data flow, increase data quality, and incorporate emerging technologies such as AI/ML.
Survey Report on Data Governance Quality Index: Highlights
- This data-driven approach has had a significant impact on MoPSW, as it has enabled the Ministry to identify reforms and achieve its desired objectives in improving the implementation framework of government policies, schemes, and programs.
- Union Minister MoPSW and AYUSH Shri Sarbananda Sonowal expressed his appreciation for DMEO, Niti Aayog, and their report card of the Ministries/Departments.
- He believes that it will significantly aid in improving the implementation framework of government policies, schemes, and programs to meet the desired goals.
- A data-driven approach affords policymakers the ability to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement accurately.
- With reliable data, Ministries can make informed decisions that lead to better outcomes for citizens.
- Data-driven decision-making is also cost-effective and enhances transparency, making it easier to track the progress of schemes and policies.
The MoPSW’s commitment to data-driven decision-making is a testament to its dedication to serving the people of India effectively. By leveraging data and technology, MoPSW has set a high standard for other Ministries and Departments to aspire to.
Also Read: WHO declares an end to global health emergency for mpox
Find More Ranks and Reports Here
Leave a Reply