New Karnataka CM, Siddaramaiah, Sworn In as Chief Minister
Siddaramaiah was sworn in for his second term as the Chief Minister of Karnataka, alongside Deputy CM D K Shivakumar and eight politicians as ministers. The ministers were inducted after the Congress party‘s sweeping Assembly poll victory in Karnataka. The ceremony took place at Bengaluru’s Kanteerava stadium and was attended by thousands of people.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
New Karnataka CM, Siddaramaiah, Sworn In as Chief Minister: Key Points
- Among the ministers were G Parameshwara, Priyank Kharge, KH Muniyappa, MB Patil, Satish Jarkiholi, Ramalinga Reddy, KJ George and BZ Zameer Ahmed Khan.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, Tamil Nadu CM M.K. Stalin, Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot, and other notable political figures were present at the event, while Tamil superstar Kamal Hassan, Kannada actors Shivaraj Kumar and Duniya Vijay, actress-politicians Ramya and Umashree, and film producer V. Rajendra Singh Babu also attended.
- Rahul Gandhi, who played a pivotal role in the Congress victory, called it a triumph of “love over hatred”.
- Siddaramaiah, who previously served as Chief Minister from 2013 to 2018, has been appointed for a second term. Shivakumar, his former Minister, will continue as the party’s Karnataka state president until the next parliamentary elections.
- One of the first challenges for Siddaramaiah will be selecting a balanced Cabinet that includes representatives from multiple communities and generations of legislators, with many contenders vying for the 34 ministerial positions available.
- The government is set to put in place five guarantees, such as free power, financial assistance for youth and women, and free public travel for women on buses.
Several notable leaders, including Mamata Banerjee and Nitish Kumar, have been invited to the swearing-in ceremony, and extensive security measures will be in place for the event. Siddaramaiah has also been appointed the new leader of CLP and met with Karnataka Guv to negotiate his claim to form the government.
Also Read: Bhopal becomes 1st city to measure Sustainable Development Goals progress
Leave a Reply