Prime Minister Narendra Modi informed that a new consulate would be constructed in Brisbane during his address at the Community Event in Sydney. He announced that India will establish a new consulate in Brisbane, Australia which aims to fulfill a long-standing demand of the Indian diaspora in Australia. It was announced during the address of Narendra Modi at a packed stadium at Sydney’s Qudos Bank Arena which was attended by more than 21,000 people across Australia along with the Prime Minister of Australia, Anthony Albanese.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
PM Modi Announced India to open new consulate in Brisbane: Key Points
- Narendra Modi informed that was it an absolute delight to connect with the Indian diaspora at the community program, where he also thanked his Australian Prime Minister for supporting him in the unveiling foundation stone of “Little India; a suburb of Sydney.”
- As Prime Minister Albanese welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi, he also announced Harris Park as “Little India”.
- Harris Park is a hub in Western Sydney where the Indian Community celebrates the Indian festival and events including Diwali and Australia Day.
- The Prime Minister of India stated that there was a time when 3Cs were used to define relations between India and Australia which were Commonwealth, Cricket, and Curry.
- The audience busted into loud applause after he stated that the strongest and biggest foundation of trust between the countries is mutual trust and mutual respect.
- India and Australia have also joined hands to facilitate the movement of students, academics, and professionals along with its current consulates in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney.
Leave a Reply