TVS Supply Chain Solutions Executive Vice Chairman R. Dinesh has assumed office as the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) President for 2023-24 while ITC Managing Director Sanjiv Puri has been named as President-designate. The CII National Council, which met in New Delhi to elect new office-bearers for 2023-24, also named EY Chairman India Region Rajiv Memani as Vice-President.
R Dinesh Appointed as CII President for 2023-24: Key Points
- Mr. Dinesh is a fourth-generation TVS family member. He has been engaged with CII for many years at the state, regional and national levels.
- Mr. Dinesh succeeds Bajaj Finserv Ltd, CMD Sanjiv Bajaj as per the statement released by the Confederation of Indian Industry.
- Mr. Dinesh started TVS Supply Chain Solutions (erstwhile known as TVS Logistics) in 1995. The company, under his leadership, has grown multifold to become a billion-dollar company.
- The company has a presence across continents making it a truly global company and serving customers in over 50 countries.
- Mr. Dinesh has won many awards including ‘Icon of the Year’ from the ICT Academy of Tamil Nadu for the year 2018, the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for the ‘Services’ category by Ernst & Young in 2017.
- He is also the recipient of TiECON’s “Next Gen Entrepreneur of the Year 2014” award and ‘Emerging Entrepreneur’ award by CII in 2010.
About Confederation of Indian Industry
The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) works to create and sustain an environment conducive to the development of India, partnering with Industry, Government, and civil society, through advisory and consultative processes.
CII is a non-government, not-for-profit, industry-led, and industry-managed organization, with around 9000 members from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 300,000 enterprises from 286 national and regional sectoral industry bodies.
Find More Appointments Here