Ayodhya as a global tourism hotspot, the Uttar Pradesh government is planning to develop a theme park ‘Ramaland’ modelled on Disneyland to narrate the story of Lord Ram. With Ramaland, the tourism department is looking to attract children and adults alike to showcase the legendary tales from Ramayan in the template of ‘learning with entertainment’.
The deliberate transformation of Ayodhya is estimated to value Rs 30,000 crore to the exchequer below ‘Ayodhya Imaginative and prescient 2047’ theme. These funds are targetted to be invested in about 260 initiatives pertaining to tourism, aviation, infrastructure, housing, medical, vitality, tradition, city improvement, transport and so on. The expenditure will likely be incurred collectively by the central and the UP governments. These initiatives embrace Sensible Metropolis Mission, widening of roads, fashionable bus terminals, unclogging the overhead electrical energy provide cables, beautification of ghats, cultural centres and so on.
New Projects in Ayodhya
- Besides, river Saryu cruise is in the works and will be launched in the coming months.
- The state has also planned to set up six grandiose arched gateways at the roads leading from other districts to Ayodhya.
- There are six different roads leading to Ayodhya from Lucknow, Gorkahpur, Gonda, Ambedkarnagar etc. Each gateway complex will be named after characters from Ramayan and comprise tourism facilities such as yoga centre, food court, dormitory etc.
- Moreover, the private hotel chains are in talks with the erstwhile royal family of Ayodhya to convert palaces into heritage properties to offer a regal experience to discerning tourists and backpackers.
- With the construction of the Lord Ram temple fast nearing completion, the government is expediting the ongoing and proposed projects in Ayodhya.
- The proposed Ayodhya worldwide airport is below development and is predicted to catalyse the metamorphosis of the sleepy spiritual city into a serious tourism hub in India.
- In the meantime, the Deepotsav competition coinciding with Diwali has been celebrated with utmost grandeur and opulence in Ayodhya lately. It has fetched an entry within the Guinness E book of World Information for lighting the biggest variety of earthen lamps (diyas) in successive Diwali.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams: