MyGov and IHM, Pusa are launching ‘YUVA PRATIBHA – Culinary Talent Hunt’ on May 12, 2023. The competition aims to promote India’s rich culinary heritage and showcase its value and significance to the world. It also aims to bring out lost recipes and promote the culinary talents of young chefs and home cooks.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
In 2023, the United Nations declared it as the ‘International Year of the Millets’ following India’s proposal to position itself as a global hub for millet. Millets have been an integral part of the Indian diet for centuries. The competition aims to increase the production and consumption of millets and promote awareness about their versatility and health benefits.
The competition provides a unique opportunity for participants to showcase their creativity and innovation in cooking with healthy and sustainable ingredients, particularly millet. It aims to create awareness about the importance of millet in our diet and promote their consumption. The fusion of millets in this competition is expected to inspire young chefs and home cooks to explore and experiment with millets in their cooking.
Aim & Objective:
- The aim is to encourage and showcase the culinary skills of young Indians.
- The competition also aims to raise awareness about the nutritional value and importance of millet in ensuring food security and improving nutrition.
- The event aims to promote millets at a national level and increase their consumption.
- Participants will be encouraged to incorporate millets into their cooking, promoting their versatility and health benefits.
How to Participate:
- Visit the Innovateindia website to participate in the contest.
- Only citizens of India aged between 18 to 40 years are eligible to participate.
- Entries must be submitted on the MyGov portal. Entries submitted through any other mode will not be evaluated.
- The dish/recipe should be home-cooked, and at least 50% of the ingredients should be millet.
- Participants must submit 3 photographs: (i) a photo of the ingredients used; (ii) a photo of the dish prepared, and (iii) a photo of the participant with the dish.
- The description of the dish should be clear and precise, including all the steps involved.
- The content is available in both Hindi and English.
- Participants are allowed to submit only one entry.
- The top 3 winners will be announced in a physical event in New Delhi.
Reward & Recognition:
- The first prize winner will receive ₹1,00,000/-, a trophy, and a certificate.
- The second prize winner will receive ₹75,000/-, a trophy, and a certificate.
- The third prize winner will receive ₹50,000/-, a trophy, and a certificate.
- The twelve contestants who make it to the final round will be rewarded with a cash prize of ₹5,000/- each.
The top three winners will receive mentorship for a month by executive chefs, along with a mentorship stipend in case the winner’s city is different from the mentor’s city.
You may also read this:
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees
Leave a Reply